From an old Nokia E71 I needed to copy contacts to IOS7.
The IPhone was set to sync with iCloud, so the task would be to import the contacts to iCloud.
Problem: With iCloud I could not import the Nokia VCF2.1 format.
- Export contacts:
- With the Nokia USB connected to PC import the contacts to a folder named c:\contacts\ using Nokia Communication Centre.
- Put contacts into one file:
- Open a command prompt and change directory to c:\contacts\
- Type copy /a *.vcf combinedfile.vcf and press Enter key.
- Import combinedfile.vcf into gmail:
- Open your gmail contacts: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#contacts
- Press More – Import – Choose file combinedfile.vcf – Press Import
- The contacts will be put in a new group named “Imported <date>”
- Export the contacts into iCloud format:
- Enter the group named “Imported <date>”
- Press More – Export – Choose The group “Imported <date>” – Choose vCard format – Press Export
- The contacts will be saved as \download\contacts.vcf
- Import the contacts into iCloud https://www.icloud.com/#contacts