With this post I will try to install SP2013 on a Win2012 Image for testing in a small development environment.
- Choose a Windows Server 2012 edition.
- Examine Hardware and software requirements for SharePoint 2013
- Install Windows 2012 into a VMWare image as described in https://rasor.wordpress.com/2012/08/13/windows-8-in-vmware-player/ with at least 40 GB drive and 3 GB memory.
- Give the admin user a reuseable password like Passw0rd.
- Make the server be more workstation like: http://www.win2012workstation.com/
- Following hints from http://sps2013.blogspot.fi/2012/07/installing-sharepoint-2013.html
- Other SP2013 links: