HowTo test a Visual Studio Solution upgrade to VS2010 RC
- Make a copy of the whole solution
- Open the solution in existing version like VS2008
- Tools – Options – Source Control: Change from TFS to None.
- Right-Click the solution folder – Remove the ReadOnly attribute – subdirectories included
- Optional: Use tool like Agent Ransack to find all TFS files (.vssscc and .vspscc) from the solution folder – subdirectories included. Delete them
- Disconnect you network connection to avoid accidentially changing in TFS
- Open the solution in VS2010 RC
=> The Conversion wizard starts.
- Press Next
- Press No, when asked to upgrade to Framework 4.0
- You’re done. Play around.